PDX Empanadas was born as Empanadas Revolucionarias in 2011 in Worcester, Massachussets as a way to nurture the community of friends and family in our small town. In 2013 grew up into the business PDX Empanadas when we moved to Portland, Oregon to be closer to our kids and their families. We started with a food cart in downtown and then moved to a permanent space at the Portland Saturday Market every Saturday and Sunday from March to December. In 2018 we were able to open a commercial kitchen with a lot more space than the food cart and we prepared it to offer frozen empanadas to grocery stores, cafes and restaurants.
PDX Empanadas is a family-owned and operated business with a passion for sustainable and healthy food. Our ingredients are organics as much as we can and come from local farmers and producers. We bake all our empanadas and try to offer vegan and vegetarian options all year..
We are able to offer frozen and baked empanadas now, thanks to the support of all our family and friends on the building of a commercial kitchen, please call 508-840-0044 to place an order.
- 1. Pork - roasted pork shoulder, plums, dried plums, dried cranberries, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, herbs.
- 2. Beef and raisins - organic lean ground beef, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, herbs, raisins, sugar, olives.
- 3. Criolla - ground beef, onions, raisins, eggs, olives, herbs.
- 4. Beef and cheese - organic ground beef, bell peppers, onions, mozzarella cheese, herbs.
- 5. Organic roasted chicken (discontinued) - dried fruits (figs, cherries, apricot), mushrooms, tomatoes, plums.
- 6. Ham & Cheese - ham, eggs, parmesan & cheddar cheese.
- 7. Caprese (seasonal) - fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil.
- 8. Mushrooms - mushrooms, shallots, raisins, balsamic vinagre.
- 9. Turkey (seasonal) - onion, celery, mushrooms, bacon, apple, dried fruits (cranberries, figs, cherries, plums, apricot), croutons, wine, turkey.
- 10. Spinach - spinach, garlic, feta & mozzarella cheese, onions, tomatoes.
- 11. Dulce de Leche - dulce de leche (milk based caramel).
- 12. Apple - apples, cranberries amnd pears.
- 13. Guava and goat cheese (discontinued) - guava paste, gouda cheese.
- 14. Traditional pumpkin (seasonal) - pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs, spices.
- 15. Quince and goat cheese - quince paste, gouda cheese.
- 16. Pumpkin (seasonal) - Syrup pumpkin, pumpkin seeds.
- 17. Pear and goat cheese (seasonal)
- 19. Fig and goat cheese (seasonal)
WHAT IS THE WORLD SAYING ABOUT US?"Some of the best empanadas in the whole wild world." -- Our kids
"After Getting Hit by a Truck, PDX Empanadas Food Cart Rebuilds" -- Eater
"Fantastic. Ran across this cart while wandering the Portland Saturday Market today, and very glad I did. Shared a couple of spinach and feta empanadas with my one-year-old daughter, who seemed to like them as much as I did." -- A customer